BASE® is preparing to kick off their annual fundraising efforts to support the local John D. Gomke Charity in hopes of surpassing last year’s goal of $5,000. A local Adel company, BASE® serves the self-employed and businesses across the country through the administration of tax saving employee benefit plans. BASE® is in their third year of supporting the local charity and hopes to increase efforts with the help of the Adel and surrounding communities.
The John D. Gomke Charity raises money to benefit organizations that assist in caring and providing resources to sick infants and families who have lost infants in and around central Iowa. However, their efforts don’t stop there. In 2012, the Gomke Charity was able to do the following:
• Five thousand dollars was put into John’s Bereavement Fund at the Mercy Foundation—the SOLE fund that helps give keepsakes and coping education in the Mercy Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Emergency Room.
• Three Defibrillators (AEDs) were donated to the Panorama School District—including 2 for the school buildings and 1 to travel with the athletic events.
• One Defibrillator (AED) was donated to the Adel-De Soto-Minburn School District to travel with the athletic events.
• One Defibrillator (AED) was donated to the Nodaway Valley School District to travel with the athletic events.
• Adopted a family who suffered the loss of an infant during 2012 to help cope with their first Christmas with a "Cheer Box".
• Replacement pads and batteries given to the Adel-De Soto-Minburn School District for prior AEDs donated that were expired.
This year BASE® will once again sell Butter Braids with all proceeds benefiting the John D. Gomke Charity. Something new that BASE® is planning, in hopes of generating more funds and awareness in the Dallas County area for the charity, is the addition of a Schwan’s fundraiser. If you are interested in supporting the Gomke Charity and are interested in participating in the Butter Braid or Schwan’s Fundraiser, then take note of the upcoming events:
• May 1-May 16 – Any gift cards purchased through www.schwans.com or by calling 1-888-SCHWANS during this time frame will help support the local charity. Be sure to use the campaign id: 43069.
• May 17 – A Schwan Truck Event will be held from 2-6 p.m. in the Iowa Realty parking lot at the corner of Hwy 6 & Hwy 169 in Adel. Stop by the truck and purchase products from a large variety of food items on the spot – drop in’s welcome!
• May 1-31 – BASE® will be selling Butter Braids and Cookie Dough for $12 each. Butter Braids come in a variety of flavors: cinnamon, apple, blueberry, cherry, almond crème, raspberry and strawberry cream cheese. Cookie dough flavors include: chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter. If you are interested please call BASE® at (515) 993-5050 and ask for Joe Havenhill.
BASE® hopes you will join them in supporting this great organization, and help the Gomke Charity to do even more in 2013. To learn more about the charity visit www.JohnDGomkeCharity.org. If you have questions about how you can support the charity through BASE®’s fundraising efforts, please email info@BASEonline.com with the subject line Gomke.