The Dallas County Foundation (DCF) was pleased to award $91,593.55 in funds for a broad array of community betterment initiatives in 2013.
Grants will be awarded during an annual ceremony in September.
All award winners are a 501 (c) 3, 5 or 6 organization or a 107 (b) unit of government to have been considered.
Since its inception, the DCF has awarded over $537,000 to nearly 100 Dallas County organizations.
The next grant cycle will be announced in the early first quarter of 2014.
Interested parties may contact Cheryl Semerad at email@example.com or (515) 577-9353 for an application or visit www.dallascountyfoundation.org. The DCF is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines.
The 2013 award winners are:
• Adel DeSoto Arts Boosters Club — Purchase stage boxes and audio equipment for school auditorium, $5,000;
• Adel DeSoto Minburn Community School District — Update playground equipment, $8,000;
• Adel Lions Club — Purchase vision screening digital camera for child screening, $5,000;
• Adel Public Library Foundation — Purchase materials to produce daycare outreach kits for patrons, $1,500;
• The Brenton Arboretum — Dallas Center, Navigational signage for stormwater project, $3,200;
• Dallas Center Roy R. Estle Memorial Library — Electronic community activity sign, $9,000;
• DeSoto Police Department — Purchase new computer, $1,200;
• DeSoto United Methodist Church — Purchase safety equipment for city emergency shelter, $3,200;
• DeSoto Public Library — Purchase Computer Systems, $2,000;
• AHeinz57 Pet Rescue and Transport — DeSoto, Facility improvement, $6,700;
• Dexter Community Foundation/City Park — Construct new rest rooms, $7,500;
• City of Granger Parks and Recreation Board — Phase 4 of Community Center, $2,500;
• Grimes Public Library — Purchase I-pads for technology lab, $1,000;
• Dr. Eugene R. Brady Library, Perry High School — Update hard-cover book collection, $2,500;
• Perry Volunteer Fire Department — Purchase equipment for emergency ATV, $5,383.55;
• Dallas County Hospital Foundation, Perry — Create in-door walking trail for patients, $1,000;
• Redfield Lions Club — Electronic message board, $9,000;
• Waukee Area Christian Free Clinic — Computer and software, $2,500;
• Waukee Area Arts Council — Computer and printer equipment, $1,250;
• WDM Fire Department, New weather siren in Dallas County, $8,000;
•WDM Police Department — Funds to purchase a medicine return/drug collection, $1,500;
• WDM Public Works Dept. — Install remote access control equipment at 4 Dallas County speed zone flasher units, $4,160;
• Woodward Police Department — New electronic control device, $500.