James receives $1,000 Orscheln 4-H Scholarship
Danielle Jo James, daughter of Mark and Tammy James of Dallas County, recently received a $1,000 Orscheln 4-H Scholarship.
Danielle will be attending Iowa State University where she plans to major in Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine with the ultimate goal of becoming a veterinarian. "I have always had a passion for raising livestock and watching them grow to their full potential." She is a member of Dallas County 4-H where she has been active and successful in livestock judging, communication and leadership projects. "4-H offered various new opportunities for me to explore. Through all of the open doors I was lead to from showing at fairs, to presentations, to serving the community, attending conferences, and livestock judging, I gained countless experiences and knowledge that I will take with me and use throughout life."
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Honor Roll
LINCOLN, Neb. – The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has announced its Deans’ List and Honor Roll for the spring semester of the 2013-14 academic year. Those named included the following area students:
• Dallas Center: Lane Eric Hovey , College of Business Administration Dean’s List, senior, business administration major.
• Waukee: Joshua Thomas Whitmore , College of Business Administration Dean’s List, junior, management major.
• Waukee: Michael Elizabeth Johnson , College of Fine and Performing Arts Dean’s List, sophomore, art major.
• Waukee: Michael Elizabeth Johnson , College of Journalism and Mass Communications Dean’s List, sophomore, journalism major.
Button of Adel named to Culver-Stockton’s President’s List
CANTON, Mo. – Lisa Button, senior accountancy major from Adel, Iowa, was named to Culver-Stockton’s President’s List for work done during the spring 2014 semester.
To be named to the President’s List, Culver-Stockton College requires students to meet high academic standards. President’s List students have earned a 4.0 GPA and were enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours.
BVU Dean’s List
The following students have been named to the Dean’s List for the Spring 2014 semester at Buena Vista University:
• Gwendolyn Walton of Granger
• Jake Lewis of Grimes
• Madison Hoyt of Adel
• Tyler Kastantin of Dallas Center
• Michael Boyle of Perry
Students on the list must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 for the semester based on a 4.0 grade point system and must have taken at least 12 hours of coursework.